Dental implants are one of the most common restorative procedures done today. Implants provide a strong and stable solution for patients in need of tooth replacement or restoration. Dental implants are made out of titanium, and are built to last upwards of 25 years, or even a lifetime if cared for properly.
Implants are safe and reliable, and provide a beautiful smile that looks natural and feels comfortable in the mouth. Implants have a 95% success rate, and many patients choose this option because of their stability and long lasting results.
As with any surgery or procedure there are health risks, but with dental implants problems are rare and can be easily treated.
Risks include the following:
- Injury or damage to surrounding teeth or blood vessels.
- Nerve damage or tingling in your teeth, gums or chin.
- Sinus problems
These risks are minor, and there are ways we can prepare for dental implant surgery to help minimize any issues.
Preparation for Dental Implants include:
- Review of your medical history: Discuss any medical conditions or medications you take with your doctor.
- Comprehensive dental exam: As part of our evaluation process, we will take dental x-rays and 3D images, as well as models of your teeth and jaw.
- Customized treatment plan: Our team will customize a treatment plan that works for each patient. Factors such as health history, number of teeth needing replacement, and condition of the jawbone amongst others are considered.
Dental implants are a great permanent option for patients that have broken, missing, or injured teeth, and want a beautiful smile that will last for years.
If you are interested in finding out more about our dental implant or implant restoration services, contact one of our four convenient locations to schedule your appointment.