Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants create a beautiful smile – the smile you deserve! You’ll find renewed confidence in eating, speaking, and sharing your smile with the world. Dental implants also:
- Make you look younger by providing internal facial structure
- Prevent bone loss, which occurs when teeth are missing
- Keep your healthy teeth safe by reducing stress
- Keep your other teeth in correct position
- Free you to eat whatever you want to, whenever you want to
- Can increase your sense of taste
- Free you to speak and laugh with confidence
- Offer a long-term smile solution
- Improve your quality of life
What are the benefits and drawbacks of a traditional bridge?
While a traditional bridge looks good and improves oral function, it does not have the full benefits of dental implants. For instance:
- To place a bridge, healthy teeth must be altered
- This can pose a risk to the attachment teeth
- A bridge does not stop bone loss
- A bridge may last only five to ten years
- Some bridges contain metal, thus detracting from your natural smile
What is the difference between fixed bridges and overdentures?
A fixed bridge and overdentures are attached to dental implants. Fixed bridges are stationery and cannot be removed, whereas overdentures are removable.